Monday, April 23, 2012

Review of Dead Set On Living by Cancer Bats


1. R.A.T.S
2. Bricks and Mortar
3. Road Sick
4. Breathe Armageddon
5. Dead Set On Living
6. The Void
7. Old Blood
8. Drunken Physics
9. Bastards
10. Rally the Wicked
11. New World Alliance

“Two-time JUNO-nominated CANCER BATS will release their fourth full-length album Dead Set On Living, on April 24, 2012 via Metal Blade Records in the US. Once again utilizing the legendary Vespa Studios and producers Eric Ratz and Kenny Luong, Dead Set On Living brings yet another dimension to the Bats' menacing style of thrash-tinged hardcore rock. The brand new video for the first single, Old Blood, can be seen now on metalblade.com/cancerbats. Pre-orders will be coming soon!”

Not being a big fan of the hardcore scene because of the state it is in right now, I have over looked good bands such as Exalt and now Cancer Bats. These days when I think hardcore, its annoying mixes of pig squeals, inhales, and high vocals, not to mention the endless breakdowns. Cancer Bats has shown me yet another hardcore band who stays true to what hardcore used to be. This album is heavier than I expected, keeping in mind I never gave this band a chance before, and I dug it the whole way through. With groovy riffs in songs like R.A.T.S and Drunken Physics, as well as the faster paced songs like Old Blood, this album keeps it interesting. I’d also like to point out that I like Liam Cormier’s vocal style. My favourite song off this album has to be Bricks and Mortar. I’d definitely pick this album up, but I’ll leave it up to you decide!


No comments:

Post a Comment